Jan 27, 2017 To find your Mac on your Windows PC, you need to go through the file sharing menu. First, right-click on the Start button and click on “File Explorer.”. On the left side of the window that pops out, there is a sidebar containing more menu options. At the bottom part, you will see “Network.”. Nov 11, 2019 Way 6: How to Transfer Files from Android to PC over Wi-Fi Using Pushbullet. Pushbullet is another method to accomplish Android Wi-Fi file transfer. It is a reliable app that allows you to see a notification on the screen as well as transfer files. To get started, you need to install Puhsbullet on both the devices you wish to transfer the files. Jun 21, 2018 Whether its photos, music, or documents, it's actually fairly easy to set up file sharing between macOS and Windows so long as the two machines are on the same network. With just a few clicks, your Mac and PC can be talking to one another and swapping files. You don't need any additional software, because everything is built into your Mac. Probably, you might already be using this application to move files between your.
Many people have the same problem that don't know how to transfer files from iPhone to Mac so that they can keep a backup of their iPhone data on Mac. Based on the fact that iOS and Mac operating system are not designed to accept every type of file, and we often don't have the same options to open files with different apps, keep coming across this problem is understandable. In this article, we are going to show you 7 methods you can move files of various types from your iOS devices. Hope this is helpful to you about transferring files from iPhone to Mac.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac with Mobikin Assistant for iOS(Recommended)
Part 1: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac with Mobikin Assistant for iOS (Recommended)
Mobikin Assistant for iOS (Mac Version) could realize transferring multiple types of files, including music, movie, photos, books and so on from iOS devices to Mac computer. Assistant for iOS fully supports all models of iPhone, including iPhone Xs, Xs Max, XR, X, 9 (Plus), 8 (Plus), 7/7S (Plus), 6S/6, etc. Besides the transfer from iPhone to Mac function, it can also help you with backing up your iOS data with simple and quick operation, managing iOS music, videos, photos and iTunes backups on Mac directly.
- One click to transfer and backup your whole iPhone data on Mac machine;
- Transfer iPhone contacts, text messages, music, movie, books, playlist, etc. to Mac easily;
- All models of iPhone are supported by this program well, including iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, etc.;
- Support to restore the backup file back to your iPhone without any data loss.
- It also comes with Windows version: MobiKin Assistant for iOS.
Steps to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac with Assistant for iOS (Mac):
Step 1:Connect your iPhone to Mac
After the downloading and installing of Mobikin Assistant for iOS are completed, launch the program. Using a USB cable to link your iPhone to this Mac. Once connected successfully, the main interface of the program should be displayed as below.
* Remember to tap on 'Trust' on your iPhone to make your iPhone be recognized by the program.
Step 2: Select your target files
Different types of your files now should be shown as different category in the folder on the left side, including 'Info' like 'Contacts', 'Messages', 'Notes', 'Calendars', 'Bookmarks', 'Media' like 'Music', 'Videos', 'Photos', 'Books' and 'Apps'. Select your target files in these folder where your files are arranged detailedly or search your files by typing their name in the searching box to locate the data.
Step 3: Transfer iPhone data to Mac now
Then, click on 'Export' on the top menu to transfer or backup your iPhone files to Mac. Please wait until the process is finished. The cost of time would depend on the number and sizes of files you selected. Eventually, enjoy to use your files that was transferred from your iPhone to Mac.
Download and install Mobikin Assistant for iOS now!
Check If You Need:
Part 2: How to Transfer from iPhone to Mac with iTunes
iTunes can help you organise and enjoy the music, films and TV programs you already have. Using iTunes might be the most traditional way of transferring files between iPhone and Mac.
Steps to transfer from iPhone to Mac with iTunes:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable.
Step 2: Run iTunes program on your Mac. iTunes will detect your iPhone device automatically.
Step 3: Click on the phone icon located on the upper left side of the iTunes window to check your files on your iPhone.
Step 4: Select the files you want to transfer to Mac. Then, you just need to drag them to your Mac.
Part 3: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop
Using AirDrop might be a good choice for you if you want to transfer files like photos, videos, contacts, websites and more from your iPhone to Mac wirelessly. AirDrop instantly creates an connection between two devices and allows easy content sharing.
Steps to transfer files from iPhone to Mac via Airdrop:
Step 1: Turn on AirDrop on your iPhone and Mac
1. Turn on AirDrop on your iPhone
Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to open Control Center and tap on 'AriDrop'. You can see the 'AirDrop' button by a long press on the upper left module as the following.
2. Turn on AirDrop on your Mac
Using Finder to search your AirDrop program on your Mac. Remember to turn on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to turn on AirDrop on your Mac.
Step 2: Transfer files from iPhone to Mac via AirDrop
Here setting the transfer of photos as an example.
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Select the photos you want to transfer from your iPhone to your Mac.
3. Click the share button on the bottom left and click the name of your Mac in the AirDrop section. The photos would be transferred in a while.
1. You also need to set your iPhone and Mac to be discovered either as 'Contacts Only' or 'Everyone'. Just make sure that your both devices could be detected by each other.
2. Your devices need to be awake for AirDrop to be active, so that you can finish the transfer from iPhone to Mac successfully.
3. However, it may take too much time to transfer files from iPhone to Mac with AirDrop. And AirDrop can't transfer all types of files. Therefore, we sincerely recommend you to use Mobikin Assistant for iOS which you can find in Part 1.
Check If You Need:
Part 4: How to Move Files from iPhone to Mac with iCloud
iCloud is a software pre-built into every Apple device. It allows your files such as photos, files, notes and more can be up to date and is available wherever you are. Everyone gets 5GB of free iCloud storage to start. With the iCloud services, you can transfer files from your iPhone to Mac over Wi-Fi.
Before you start to move files from iPhone to Mac with iCloud, you need to update your iPhone and Mac to the latest iOS and macOS. Beside, make sure that the Apple ID you sign in to iCloud on your iPhone and Mac must be the same.
Read on the following steps to learn about how to move files from iPhone to Mac with iCloud.
Method 1. Import Photos from iPhone to Mac using iCloud Photo Stream
Step 1: Turn on the Setting on your iPhone. Click on your Apple ID or name.
Step 2: Tap on 'iCloud' and check 'My Photo Stream' under 'Photos' option. Make sure it is turned on.
Step 3: Run the 'Photos' app on your iPhone and create a sharing folder. Then, click on the “+” sign in the newly created album folder to add photos to it and then select “Post”.
Step 4: Open Photos on your Mac and then click on “Preferences'. Select iCloud to bring a settings window. Meanwhile, you still need to make sure “My Photo Stream” option is checked.
Step 5: After transfer, albums that have been created shall be seen and easily accessed and copied now to your Mac storage on 'My Photo Stream' screen.
Method 2. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Using iCloud Photo Library
Step 1: Turn on the Setting on your iPhone. Click on your Apple ID or name.
Step 2: Tap on 'iCloud' and check 'iCloud Photo Library'. All your photos would start uploading to your iCloud account servers. So make sure that your iPhone and Mac are logined with the same Apple ID.
Step 3: Launch Photos and click on photos tab on your Mac. Click on preferences from the Options Menu and then select 'iCloud' option.
Step 4: Check 'iCloud Photo Library' option on the new window. You can now view all uploaded photos on your Mac and choose to Download.
Part 5: How to Move Files from iPhone to Mac with Email
Using Email to import and download files on different devices would be helpful and needs no software or USB cable. However, this method needs good Internet connection to transfer files. That's why we usually send small files via Email.
Steps to move files from iPhone to Mac with Email:
Step 1: Login your Email account on your iPhone.
Step 2: Select the files you want to move to and send it to yourself (the same Email account address). Then, log out your Email account.
Step 3: Login the same Email account on your mac. Download the files you just sent.
Part 6: How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Mac by Using iPhoto
iPhoto is also a software that was pre-built in each OS devices. It is also another useful ways to transfer files like photos and videos from iPhone to your Mac without iTunes. iPhoto is easy to operate and the process can be completed within a few steps.
Here are the steps you may need to transfer iPhone data using iPhoto:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable.
Step 2: Launch the iPhoto program on your Mac. The photos on your iPhone would be display automatically.
Step 3: Select the photos to be imported and click on 'Import Selected' or import all photos.
Part 7: Transfer Files from iPhone to iMac/Mac via Preview
Preview is another application that is pre-built into every Apple devices. You can also make use of it to transfer files from your iPhone to Mac without iTunes.
Share Files Over Internet Mac
Steps to transfer files from iPhone to iMac/Mac via Preview:
Step 1: Using a USB cable to establish connectivity between your iPhone and Mac.
Step 2: Open Preview app on your Mac and navigate to 'File' on menu bar. Click on 'Import from [your iPhone's name]' option.
Step 3: Then, Preview will show you the files in your iPhone that you can move with a list of all the files. Select the files that you need to move to Mac. It would take a few moments to finish the transfer.
As you can see from this article, we actually have a lot of ways to transfer files from iPhone to Mac. After saving to Mac, all of these files and data can be used at any time. You'd better do this backup regularly to keep your phone data safe. If you lose the files, it may be difficult to find them again. Among all these methods, we highly recommend Assistant for iOS (Mac). Because of its flexibility and zero-limit, we can easily transfer files from iPhone to iMac/Mac. Have you used any other good methods? Welcome to share with us in the comments section.
Just imagine, you wish to transfer data between two Android phones. What kind of tools or services will you use when there is no USB OTG cable available? Bluetooth or cloud services?
Frankly, some regular Android users probably know that Bluetooth is almost one of the slowest tools to copy data across. Cloud services also do poorly in transfer efficiency and have the risk of personal privacy leakage. Thus, many people may tend to transfer files between Android devices via WiFi.
Transfer Files Over Wifi Android Windows 10
Well, do you know how to wirelessly transfer files in a quick manner? Just read on to get the answer to the question in the following.
Option 1: Transfer Files between Android Devices via WiFi with Assistant for Android
If you are inconvenient to use a USB cord to connect your Android phone to a computer but want to use WiFi to move various items on your phone, MobiKin Assistant for Android (Win and Mac) is definitely your preferred helper. As a professional 3rd-party software, it is safe and easy to use, performing tasks rapidly and promising you lossless transfer outcomes.
Major Features of MobiKin Assistant for Android:
- Offer a secure way to transfer files between Android devices via WiFi.
- Transfer data from Android to computer, and vicec versa.
- The supported data types: contacts, call logs, SMS, music, photos, videos, books, user apps, etc.
- Copy data via WiFi or USB between Android devices and PCs/Macs.
- Back up and restore Android devices in one click.
- Edit and manage Android content on your computer directly.
- Work well with almost all Android phones and tablets, such as Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Motorola, Sony, LG, Google, OPPO, Vivo, etc.
- Let you process Android data without privacy leakage.
How to transfer data over WiFi between Android devices via MobiKin Assistant for Android?
Step 1. Launch Assistant for Android on your computer
Connect your source Android device to a stable WiFi network. Start the installed program on your computer and head to the upper-left corner of its interface to choose 'Connect via WIFI'.
Step 2. Connect your source Android phone via WiFi
Download the Android version of the program and install it on the source device. Open the APK file on the phone and click 'Scan QR Code' to scan the code on the software on your PC. Then, your phone will be successfully connected to this PC.
Note: Ensure your Android phone and computer are within the same WiFi network. (Here are more details on how to connect my Android phone via Wi-Fi?)
Step 3. Transfer files from Android device to computer via WiFi
After the connection, choose the data types from the left panel of the software. Next, preview and mark your desired items and click 'Export' to transfer them to this computer.
Step 4. Transfer files from computer to Android device over WiFi
Follow the drill above to have the target device connected to the program via WiFi. Select the data types and click 'New', ' Add', or 'Import'. Then browse the wanted files from your computer and press 'Open' to transfer files to the linked Android device.
After your phone is recognized by this tool, you can also go to Super Toolkit > Backup (and then Restore)... to bulk transfer files between Android devices via WiFi (get into the page: top 5 ways to transfer data from Android to Android for more specifics).
You May Also Like:
Option 2: How to Wirelessly Transfer Files from Android to Android with Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct transfer is often activated in the Share/Action menu on Android phones, the same place you choose Email, Bluetooth, and other options to migrate files. It enables you to select and transfer multimedia files like photos, videos, and audio.
To carry out the job smoothly, you need to attach importance to some prerequisites in advance:
- Place two Android phones close to each other.
- You may need to input the given transfer key to receive the incoming files on the target phone. And it will expire in 10 minutes.
- You can also use the built-in QR code scanner to scan the code displaying in the transfer app on the sending device instead of entering the transfer key.
How to make WiFi file transfer from Android to Android with Wi-Fi Direct?
- On your source Android phone, head to its Settings > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Direct.
- It will then automatically start searching for devices with Wi-Fi Direct within its range.
- Click the destination phone you want to connect with.
- An invitation will then be sent to your target device.
- Accept the invitation to create a Wi-Fi Direct connection between the two phones.
- Select the files you want to transfer from your source Android phone.
- Tap 'Send' to get the items out.
- Touch 'Receive' to accept the transfer request on the other Android device.
Option 3: How to Transfer Data from Android to Android via WiFi with Messaging Apps
This option is based on messaging apps. If your two Android (or iPhone) devices are running the apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Kik, etc., it's an easy way to move the content over through any of them. Yet note that most messaging apps only do Android file transfer via WiFi for limited data types like pictures and videos.
How to transfer files from phone to phone over WiFi?
Transfer Files Between Computers Wirelessly
- Make sure your Android phones are connecting with the Internet (either via Wi-Fi or mobile data).
- Find the file you wish to transfer from the old phone.
- Open the sharing menu.
- Choose the Messenger app like Messenger, Viber, WhatsApp, etc.
- Look for the contact you intend to send the file to.
- Tap the receiver and then press 'SEND'.
- Launch the Messaging app on another Android device to access the copied file.
Option 4: How to Share Files from Android to Android over WiFi via ES File Manager
To carry out the task with this method, you should download ES File Manager from Google Play Store and install it on both Android devices. Before proceeding with any further steps, it's essential to create a personal hotspot from where you want your files to be transferred.
File Transfer Computer To Computer
How to transfer files over WiFi from Android to Android via ES File Manager?
- Go to your source phone's Settings > Wireless & Networks > More Options.
- Tap Tethering & Portable Hotspot > Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- From the other Android device, connect the same WiFi the first device is hosting.
- Open the ES File Manager from the source phone and browse the files you wish to copy.
- Long tap the files till you notice a checkmark on file logos.
- Select 'More' from the bottom right side of the screen and touch the Send option.
- You'll find a confirmation dialogue box on the target device.
- Tap 'Accept' to trigger the transfer process.
On the whole, we came up with the four fastest ways to transfer files between Android phones and tablets. Here, note that Wi-Fi Direct, messaging apps, and ES File Manager largely contribute to multimedia transfer between Android devices via WiFi.
In contrast, MobiKin Assistant for Android makes it quick to transfer all the content between Android devices via WiFi or USB. And during use, it also provides you with an opportunity to keep a copy of the files on your computer for safe long-term preservation.