- Nov 16, 2016 It is Mac specific, not for Windows. Kind of a sledgehammer approach, but is simple, does the job (in most cases) and does no harm. Photoshop CS5: Won't open on.
- My photoshop won't open on my Mac amyz31351066. New Here, Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018. Copy link to clipboard.
A friend received some jpg photos on a thumb drive. The sender uses a MAC computer. The jpg images won't open on her Win8 tower using Windows Photo Viewer or with Photoshop CS2. I tried to open them on my Win8 laptop and my Win7 tower using Windows Photo Viewer, Photoshop 7 and Photoshop CS2 but they won't open.
Help! Can’t open PSD file on Mac OS Sierra
“Hi, I installed the new Mac OS Sierra yesterday and also updated Adobe Photoshop to the newest versions. But, I am unable to open my PSD files and I received error message, “could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop”. Is it possible to fix PSD files not opening on macOS Sierra?”
Yes, you can fix PSD files that do not open properly after macOS Sierra update by using professional PSD repair software for Mac from Remo. The software automatically does all the hard scanning to fix PSD files not opening in Mac OS Sierra without damaging its original contents with ease.
How does Remo Repair PSD tool fix macOS Sierra cannot open PSD files?
Remo Repair PSD program with easy-to-use interface and powerful repair techniques fixes Photoshop files that does not open in macOS Sierra. It does not modify the original file while fixing the issues in PSD file as it works in read-only mode. The software supports to repair corrupt or damaged PSD file with all its layers and masks. Further, the software repairs Photoshop files by keeping its various color modes like Indexed color, Bitmap, RGB color, Gray-Scale, CMYK color, etc. intact.
Photoshop Won't Open Mac Catalina
Step by step instructions to fix macOS Sierra unable to open PSD files
Click Download and install Remo Repair PSD tool to your Mac OS X. The macOS Sierra cannot open PSD files fix process just requires simple clicks. Here is the detailed guide.
Step 1: Launch Remo Repair PSD and select PSD file not opening by using “Browse” option, then click on “Repair” button.
Step 2: Tool scans the selected PSD image file and starts fixing it by creating a new Photoshop file which you monitor via progress bar.
Step 3: After PSD file is fixed, click on “Preview” icon to view a new healthy Photoshop file along with its layers.
Step 4: Select the repaired file and click “Save” button to store it on any appropriate storage location.
Other scenarios supported by Remo Repair PSD tool
- Trying to open PSD file in incompatible Photoshop versions could corrupt the image file and make it inaccessible
- Compressing PSD file using untrusted compression utilities might damage and in turn PSD file cannot be opened
- Frequently changing the file extension of your Photoshop file is sure to make it unreadable
- Photoshop application crash while working on your Photoshop file can cause corruption and file refuses to open
Whatever may be the reasons for not opening PSD / PDD files on macOS Sierra, you can easily fix all those issues and make the file accessible by using Remo Repair PSD application. It provides 24x7 free technical assistance for resolving issues which you may face during installation or while repairing Photoshop files on Mac OS X.
Photoshop Won't Open Mac Email
- Avoid opening Photoshop files on unsupported Adobe Photoshop versions
- Do not shut down your Mac machine while accessing your Photoshop file
- Always have a backup of PSD file before converting or editing into other format