Supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file.
Note: According to developer, the GUI for the commercial Mac App Store version is best suited for Mac OS X.
MediaInfo Mac (Mac), free and safe download. MediaInfo Mac latest version: Instantly obtain technical data related to your media. Download qmidi mac, qmidi mac, qmidi mac download free.
MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
A non-exhaustive list of the information MediaInfo can retrieve:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, language, bit rate...
- Text: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
A non-exhaustive list of the formats MediaInfo can analyze:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including DVD), MPEG-TS (including Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, Dirac...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
A non-exhaustive list of the features:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- XML output: line breaks and indents in between attributes for readability
- Trace feature: XML trace update, only if compiled with trace feature
- Amazon S3 support (REST API v2), CLI/DLL only and if compiled with libcurl support
- FFV1: improved slice analysis (currently activated only with trace feature and for 1st frame)
- MXF: optimization of the parsing, reading a lot less data (e.g. can be reduced from 1 GB to 10 MB with some UHD files)
- MXF: wrong frame count with files not having the video stream as the first stream
- Dolby E in MPEG-TS: 'SMPTE ST 302' information was accidentally removed
- MPEG-TS: avoid filling delay from file name, not applicable on MPEG-TS
- MXF: better handling of huge padding blocks, better handling of descriptors without link to a TrackID
- IMX: streams claiming that they are IMX are actually pure MPEG Video, probing both IMX and MPEG Video