What is SAPCAR
SAPCAR.EXE -xvf%1, -R '. Sapcarout' pause The files extracted are sent to the sub directory sapcarout ( which is created in the current directory if it doesn't already exist) - i.e. If you use the bat file to open c: fred sapcar.sar then the files are extracted to c: fred sapcarout. SAPCAR (older version was called CAR) is a compress utility (similar to winzip, tar, etc.), that is used by SAP to compress and decompress nearly all delivered files. SAPCAR; SAPCAR 7.22 ( Version number may be different ) 2.3 In the SAPCAR download page, in the operating system drop-down list, select: 'WINDOWS ON X64 64BIT' 2.4 Download the latest SAPCAR compress utility Extract the SAP HANA CLIENT 2.0 installation files using the compress utility SAPCAR. To download the SAPCAR utility, execute the following procedure: Go to SAP ONE Support Launchpad at the following address: /. Click the Software Downloads launch tile of the System Operations and Maintenance section. Click the Support Packages and Patches section. Expand the By Alphabetical Index (A-Z) section.
SAPCAR command is used to compress or decompress CAR files.
Sapcar Manifest Option
What are CAR files
Cargurus Used Cars
CAR files or Compressed ARchive files are compressed binary files similar to ZIP files. SAP updates always come in CAR format. You will need sapcar command to uncompress these CAR files.
Follow the below procedure to install
- Copy them to a temporary directory either in /usr/sap/trans/tmp or any other folder which you can create (say, patch)
- Change to the directory /usr/sap/trans (UNIX) or usrsaptrans (NT)
- Use the command SAPCAR -xvf The command SAPCAR is case sensitive
- The command SAPCAR will decompress the CAR file and put two files (with extensions .ATT and .PAT in the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory.
- Logon to the SAP system in client 000 as user DDIC
- Once in the system execute the transaction code SPAM
- Depending on what version are you in do the following
- Goto Support Packages
- Load Packages from Application Server
- You will get a pop up box with the list of the patches in the queue. Both the applied patches and the new ones will be listed. Hit the Back button to come to the main screen.
- Click on the Display/Define button on the screen