Almost every person who has used a phone has at one or more instances needed to forward a text message to another phone number or an email address. Several reasons can prompt you to forward text messages to another phone number or email. One reason would be in case you own multiple phone numbers. Also, if you’re traveling to another country and will be using a different phone number, you’ll need text forwarding. And for a parent who wishes to monitor their child’s communication, text forwarding would come in handy.
While you can do this using your service provider, it is not always the best solution. Fortunately, developers have come up with third-party apps that can automatically forward text messages to another phone or email.
Below are some of the most convenient text message-forwarding apps:
I'm trying to setup Text Message Forwarding between my iPhone 6 and MBP (mid 2011). Both Mac and iPhone are in the same network and using same iCloud account, but when I try to enable it on the iPhone it asks me to enter a code that's shown on the Mac, but nothing shown there. I've read many threads here and over the the internet, no chance:(. Oct 20, 2014 I just updated to iOS 8.1 and I tried enabling Text Message Forwarding in the Messages settings on the iPhone 5 and I get this pop up on my iPhone: Quote Enter the code shown on your Mac to allow iPhone text messages to also be sent and received on MacBook Pro.
AutoForward Text is an excellent SMS forwarding app for Android devices. The app allows you to forward text messages to an email address. The forwarded information also includes the contact details as well as the GPS location of the phone. You just install it on the other phone and configure it to forward all or particular messages to your current device.
One advantage of this app is its high level of security as it offers uses SSL, ensuring personal data remains secure throughout the forwarding process. The app can also selectively forward messages based on the keywords that you specify. The text messages are forwarded to your email address instantly or in daily reports based on your choice. You can even select multiple email addresses to forward to. It can also forward the call records so you stay informed about missed calls.
Another good text forwarding app is Phone Leash that has been developed for Android devices. Phone Leash allows you to automatically forward text messages and MMS to another phone number or your email address. For instance, in case you own two phones (personal and work), you wouldn’t need to carry both of them every time. You’d only be required to install the app in one phone, probably the one you intend to leave behind, and automatically connect it to your second phone or email account to receive the messages being sent to the other phone.
With this app, you’ll be able to read and reply to text messages through your email or another mobile phone number. The app also allows you to import text messaging history to your email address and get the GPS location of the other phone.
Easy SMS Texts Forwarder & Manager
This is a simple and free app for Android devices that allows you to forward text messages either in full or selectively to another cell phone. The app allows automated text forwarding and email forwarding. It gives you several forwarding options, such as forwarding all text messages, messages with specific keywords, and messages from specific numbers. You simply install the app and select the options you want.
SMS Forwarder APK allows you to automatically forward SMS text messages to any phone number or email address you’ve specified. You just need to specify the phone numbers or email addresses to forward SMS to and the kind of messages to forward, and the app will take care of the rest. You can also set when messages should be forwarded by selecting specific days of the week and specific times of the day.
MightyText is a top-rated text forwarding app that has many useful features. The app allows you to forward texts to another phone number and reply to them even from your computer or tablet. You also receive notifications from other apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Tinder, and more.
MightyText will also synchronize your smartphone’s multimedia files with your computer, create a backup for text messages and calls, and enable you to make calls on your tablet or desktop.
Text Forwarding for iPhone
Unfortunately, there aren’t many text messaging options for iOS devices. Unlike Android phones, iPhones don’t currently have an app (even third party app) that can automatically forward text messages to another phone or an email. The only option you have is to have the same iMessages on two or more iDevices by logging in with the same Apple ID.
Alternatively, you can use Apple’s Continuity feature for SMS. With this feature, text messages that you send and receive on your iPhone also appear on your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. On your iPhone, proceed to Settings >> Messages >> Text Message Forwarding then choose which devices can send and receive text messages.
You can monitor text messages on iPhone with Family Orbit.
Code Shown On Mac For Text Message Forwarding Code Not Showing
Family Orbit: The Best Text Monitoring App
If you’re looking for a text forwarding app to monitor your child’s conversations, most of the apps above will do a decent job. However, Family Orbit is the ultimate text monitoring app designed to make it easier for parents to keep an eye on your kids and the people they talk to.
Family Orbit’s SMS tracker lets you monitor what the kid is texting, who they are texting, and when they are communicating. Therefore, if you’re feeling insecure about who your kid is chatting with, this app is exactly what you need. Family Orbit will let you monitor the details of your kid’s messages, which will give you the peace that you crave. With that information, you’ll be able to keep your kids safe from the risks that today’s world has thrown out to them while still maintaining their freedom.
Family Orbit is not limited to text monitoring only. Rather, it offers a range of features that allow you to track all your kid’s phone activities. These features include:
- Photos & Videos – This lets you monitor the photos and videos that your kid is sending, receiving, or storing on their device.
- GPS Tracker – This enables you to know their real-time location, so you can know they are safe.
- Call History – Check all calls that your child makes or receives to ensure no suspicious person is communicating with your kid.
- WhatsApp – This lets you keep an eye on the messages sent or received on the WhatsApp chat messenger.
If you have multiple phone numbers but want to receive messages in just one of them, or if you’re traveling to another country, the apps discussed above will help you forward all your text messages to your desired phone number. However, if your intention to monitor the text messages your child or any other person is receiving, Family Orbit is your best option.
- How to Get Text Messages From Another Phone Sent to Mine? [SOLVED] - April 5, 2021
- Is it Possible To Retrieve iPhone Location History from the iCloud? - October 26, 2020
- How to Monitor Snapchat Without Them Knowing – Snapchat Spy - September 20, 2020
When someone sends you an SMS or MMS message on your iPhone, it appears as a green bubble. iMessages appear as blue bubbles. When you set up Text Message Forwarding, you can send and receive the SMS and MMS messages from your iPhone on any Mac, iPad or iPod touch that meets the Continuity system requirements.
Set up text message forwarding
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.*
- Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.
iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices – even when you set up a new device. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.
* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.
Forward older text messages
- Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.
- Select any other text messages that you want to forward.
- Tap Forward and enter a recipient.
- Tap Send .
Text Message Forwarding App Iphone
- Learn more about Messages.
- To forward an SMS/MMS from your iPhone, you need a text-messaging plan. Contact your network provider for more information.
- Learn more about the Continuity features for your Apple devices.